The New Jersey Association of Community Providers, Inc (NJACP) is:
“a professional Association, which leads the development of the industry and serves its members by ensuring continuing progress toward greater quality of life for people with developmental disabilities by:
- Advocating for standards of practice
- Providing a code of ethics
- Promoting personal, professional development and industry growth through:
- Information exchanges and training
- Educating legislators and state officials on issues relevant to the membership
- Encouraging participation in the Association to broaden greater consensus in the field”
NJACP seeks to promote:
- For the rights and needs of all people with developmental disabilities
- For the establishment of a sustainable consumer driven, community-based system of care, with services and supports needed to support quality community living.
- For person-centered planning and freedom of choice.
- For fair and reasonable re-imbursement that support sustainable provider business models.
Practice Standards and Ethics
- Guidelines and standards for best practices for community-based services and programs delivered under person-centered planning with freedom of choice that support desired outcomes of community living.
- Ethics that respect the dignity and rights of consumers and hold providers accountable to the highest quality of care.
Training and Technical Assistance
- Training and technical assistance specifically designed, developed, and delivered to assist providers and key stakeholders —individually and collectively-- in establishing services, supports and business practice practices that meet and exceed the highest industry standards; achieving desired outcomes of the community based system; and implementing sustainable business models.
- Promoting constructive dialogue and discourse within the political structure and process among federal, state, and community system partners and stakeholders that educates all stakeholders on the value, needs, and requirements of a community based system of care and advances policy and structure needed to develop and sustain it.
Networking and communication
- Promoting and enabling ongoing communication and collaboration among member organizations and other stakeholders for work toward common goals directly related to NJACP values and mission.